Opinions on Scorptec Stinger PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Private_Shon

In Runtime
Messages
296
I'm planning on buying this comp for $4278.00 AUD (which is 3,173.28 USD):

Its called the Scorptec Stinger:

AMD ATHLON 64 X2 Dual-Core 4400+

Asus A8N-SLI Premium nForce4 SLI

2 x Western Digital WD2500KS 250gb 7200rpm 16mb SATAII/300 ( In RAID 0 )

LG GSA-4167B-Black DVD Dual Layer Burner
Liteon 16x Dual Layer DVDRW, DVD+/- Dual Layer Recording

Logitech® MX518 Gaming-Grade™ Optical Mouse
Logitech Media Keyboard Elite

Creative Audigy4
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
Samsung 940B Black 19" LCD 8ms Response 700:1 Contrast DVI

Antec SLK3000B ATX Black Super Midtower

Antec SP-500 SmartPower 2.0 500W ATX Power Supply

CORSAIR XMS 2048MB TWINX-3200 (2 X 1GB)

GeForce 7950GX2

36 Month Onsite Warrenty (excludes speakers, monitor, keyboard, mouse etc)

Windows XP Pro 32Bit

___________________________

Wondering what you think about this system for this price,
 

john3

Banned
Messages
2,130
NONONONONONONO!!!! that is a BIG A55 RIPOFF!!!! dont DO IT! just so u get a good idea, here are the actual american prices of all the stuff int hat thing

X2 4400+ $460
Asus A8n-Sli $150
the hard drives add up to about $220
u get a better Optical drive (NEC 3550A) for $30
Logitech MX518 $31
better sound card (Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic) $100
Logitech X-530 $60
a decent case usually $100
antec smartpower $80ish
Corsair XMs Twinx 2x1GB $200ish
Geforce 7950GX2 $545
XP PRo $180ish

That adds up to $2156, that is more than $1000!!!!!!!!! LESS!

dude, DO NOT buy it! BUILD UR OWN, if u dont know how, READ THE GUIDES HERE!
 

dwarf

In Runtime
Messages
154
john3 said:
NONONONONONONO!!!! that is a BIG A55 RIPOFF!!!! dont DO IT! just so u get a good idea, here are the actual american prices of all the stuff int hat thing
you do realize, at the USD:AUD exchange rate, and the general cost of imports in australia, that it comes out about even, right? He also gets it built for him, and a 3 year warranty (granted he doesn't violate the terms).
 

Private_Shon

In Runtime
Messages
296
i won't be opening the case, overclocking and other stuff i'm currently using a 9700 1.7GHz comp and i can "live" with it. so that i wouldn't need to touch.

Any more opionions? isn't the PSU a little small? (as in voltage power W thing)
 

john3

Banned
Messages
2,130
the cost for importing would not add up to $1000+, because they import in bulk, so they get it for fairly cheap, cheaper than for wat we buy them here, and sell them for relatively the same price. and all manufacturers of parts have warranties, most are above 3 years.
 

john3

Banned
Messages
2,130
Private_Shon said:
i won't be opening the case, overclocking and other stuff i'm currently using a 9700 1.7GHz comp and i can "live" with it. so that i wouldn't need to touch.

Any more opionions? isn't the PSU a little small? (as in voltage power W thing)

k no, as i stated before, it has enough juice to power 2 7900GTXs in SLI! and is one of the most reliable PSUs on the market.
 

dwarf

In Runtime
Messages
154
john3 said:
the cost for importing would not add up to $1000+, because they import in bulk, so they get it for fairly cheap, cheaper than for wat we buy them here, and sell them for relatively the same price. and all manufacturers of parts have warranties, most are above 3 years.
you really have no idea do you, you assume they are increased directly and ONLY by the import price, they need to keep up a decent stock over there, because yes, it is freight, in bulk, which takes awhile. and it isn't all handled cheaply, people order from independent importers, and fees vary, I've had a friend that lives there personally tell me, a video card that cost 400 USD at the time was selling for 700AUD over there, it's supply and demand, and it isn't as readily available as you might think.
 

Apokalipse

Golden Master
Messages
14,559
Location
Melbourne, Australia
scorptec, I know that PC store. you can definately get cheaper.

what I'd recommend is you get all the parts from MSY (which is a really cheap store, I go there all the time) and build it yourself.

but if you don't want to build it yourself, MSY will build it for you for AU$70

site: www.msy.com.au
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom