Onlive on slow internet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
It requires at least a 6mbps connection.. I'm not even sure if it'll let you connect with anything less.

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

Internet Connection: 3 Mbps wired or Wi-Fi connection
Operating System: Windows 7 or Vista (32 or 64-bit) or XP SP3 (32-bit), Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later
Computer: Most PCs and netbooks, all Intel-based Macs
Screen Resolution: 1024x576
RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

Internet Connection: 5 Mbps wired or Wi-Fi connection
Operating System: Windows® 7 or Vista (32 or 64-bit) or XP SP3 (32-bit)
Mac® OS X 10.6 or later
Computer: Dual-core PCs, all Intel-based Macs
Screen Resolution: 1280x720

I copied this from the FAQ

I could've sworn it was a 15MB connection for 720p video... Huh, well I was wrong :tongue:
You also have to check your latency to their servers.. If your latency is high the mouse movements will be laggy.

So what are your speeds? You copied from the FAQ so you know what is required. Do you meet those requirements? If not then you already know your answer. It cant be done. The PC in use doesnt matter when playing online. You can have the best PC ever made. But if your using dialup then you wont be playing online. It is as simple as that. There is no way of getting around their requirements when it comes to online gaming. They are needed for the constant transmission of data to the servers and other gamers as well as downloading their movements.

It will be like your looking at a flip book when trying to game. You will see nothing but images that jump from frame to frame. By the time you see whats going on and react, you will be dead in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom