One day, I will own a TV Tuner. Just one thing...

Yeah I wouldn't worry about it as long as you aren't giving them out. Have you decided on one yet? My bro has a USB2 ATI one that works pretty good as long as you use old drivers. But I don't know how the speed would compare to a PCI card.

...I need your opinions about something.

I whatch TV and my HDD is going to act like a VHS. Now, let's say...I record, The Simpsons, for example. I edit it so that there's no bloody ads and then I compile the new video. Then, I take that fresh video and burn it to DVD, so I can play it anywhere with a DVD player capable of playing AVIs and MPEGs.

Is that legit?

Its a grey area. In theory you should not be able to record at all but they way I see it is that when you watch in on live tv, the TV company get money for the ads and they pay the royalties to the producers etc. When you watch a recorded version, you are not generating any revenue for the TV company or the company that created the content so the ads are not serving a purpose

If they would have had a problem with that, either they wouldn't have recording capabilities, or I would have given them the finger. I mean, come on! It's like running a PC is against EULAs and all that junk!

Yeah absolutely...why not? I plan on getting the Pinnacle Pro HD USB stick...

the software bundled with it is capable of cutting out commercials.

Back
Top Bottom