NOT SPAM! Honestly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Generalanyway, the point I'm trying to make is that it kills me to see people who are so smart that they build their own computers, so crafty that they can mod their cases to their delight, so brilliant that they can understand how a CPU works and overclocking and heat exchange, etc, yet they don't even try anything software related. They just install Windows, and that's that. It's people like that, who give no effort or interest, what-so-ever, in anything other than hardware and Windows that make it difficult for people who want to use something other than Windows.

Hardware and Software are drastically differnet. Someone who has enough knowledge about HARDWARE to do all of those things you listed, may-not have the equivalent knowledge in SOFTWARE. Or hey, they might, who knows...

That still doesn't make a knowledgable HARDWARE DIY'er, "NOT" a "DIY'er", because they don't try to use anything other then Windows.

I only use windows because it's compatible with virtually piece of software out there. Namely, GAMES!

I spent $3000.00 on a gaming computer. Built it myself, customized my case... blah, blah, blah... Why did I use Windows? Because 99.9% of games are compatible with windows.

WHO installs Linux on a $3000 gaming computer?

Am I not a DIY'er?

Yes, and upholstery and mechanics are drastically different, yet in building a car, you do both. While my grandma may know something about upholstery, she knows 0 about mechanics.

And who installs Linux on a $3000 gaming computer? Well, DIY gamers who like Doom 3, Quake 4, UT2k4, RTCW, Wolf:ET, Quake 3, and upcoming UT27 and ET:QW. That's who. I do. And are you forgetting that you are allowed to have Windows AND Linux on one computer? I do that as well. Only because some game developers limit themselves to Windows.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that it kills me to see people who are so smart that they build their own computers, so crafty that they can mod their cases to their delight, so brilliant that they can understand how a CPU works and overclocking and heat exchange, etc, yet they don't even try anything software related. They just install Windows, and that's that. It's people like that, who give no effort or interest, what-so-ever, in anything other than hardware and Windows that make it difficult for people who want to use something other than Windows.
Man, your point is just completely insane. I freakin hate the software end of things. I can build my own computer, all that hardware you talk about, but I tried taking C++ and I absolutely cannot stand programming. I hate writing simple HTML muchless anything more complex than that.

You're going on ranting and whining about a small niche of people and then complaining about people who build their own computers and have the hardware knowledge down, but then because they dont use linux they are just screwing you and the world up. Give me a break man.

They dont LIMIT themselves to anything. It's all about aiming towards the biggest market and getting a return. You should know about that good stuff. Doubt they want to spend the time, effort, and money, making it for an OS which only a handful of people would be using compared to the dell users and alike who know nothing about computers, but just spend a ton of money on a nice pre-built because they want to game.

It's just lame you call a piece of hardware garbage based on the company "Not working with the ALSA team" or whatever the crap you're whining about over there.

The hardware may be a nice piece of hardware, but it is useless to anyone who uses anything but Windows.

It's Creative I am criticizing, not the X-Fi as a piece of hardware.

The General said:
And who installs Linux on a $3000 gaming computer? Well, DIY gamers who like Doom 3, Quake 4, UT2k4, RTCW, Wolf:ET, Quake 3, and upcoming UT27 and ET:QW. That's who. I do. And are you forgetting that you are allowed to have Windows AND Linux on one computer? I do that as well. Only because some game developers limit themselves to Windows.

"Some game developers?" I think there are about 25 games that are playable on linux. Many others you need some type of emulator.

How many games run on windows? Virtually all of them.

Hey, don't get me wrong if all games could be run on linux, i'd install linux on my gaming PC. But, unfortuately many games that I play and many games that are coming out soon, won't be able to run on linux.

So my hands are tied. But, i'm still a leet DIY'er....

oh man....that moment you two had together was precious.

mac lovers unite :D jajajajajajaja

The General said:
The hardware may be a nice piece of hardware, but it is useless to anyone who uses anything but Windows.

It's Creative I am criticizing, not the X-Fi as a piece of hardware.
you said the X-Fi was garbage....
and just about everybody uses Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom