New Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got no idea about printers, but For less than £50 is possible and one that won't cost a fortune in ink , Cheers guys.

I would go with a HP printer. If you want a printer that doesn't use a lot of ink you'll need to pay more for the printer. They don't make much money on a low-priced printer so they make up for it with the price of a replacement ink cartridge.

HP Deskjet F2480 All in One Printer - Aria Technology

DESKJET 2050 Multifunction All In One Printer | Ebuyer.com

I would go with a HP printer. If you want a printer that doesn't use a lot of ink you'll need to pay more for the printer. They don't make much money on a low-priced printer so they make up for it with the price of a replacement ink cartridge.

HP Deskjet F2480 All in One Printer - Aria Technology

DESKJET 2050 Multifunction All In One Printer | Ebuyer.com

That price is perfectly reasonable, which of those two are the best?

Can you also check out my thread http://www.techist.com/forums/f75/custom-home-pc-235896/

Thanks mate.

Hi,

I'd strongly recommend getting an Epson all in one inkjet printer. Their 'Stylus' range start from around £45:

Epson Stylus SX415 All-in-One Printer (Individual Inks, 6.3cm LCD Viewer, Memory Card Slots): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
Printers - All In One Inkjet Printers | Ebuyer.com

Reason? Because Epson printers have an abundance of low cost third party refillable ink cartridges, continuous ink systems (CISS) and refillable inks available to consumers on the market.

The most economical solution would be to purchase a printer which have available third party, reusable-refillable ink cartridges (such as an Epson stylus printer). We've been using three Epson Stylus printers at home with third party refillable ink systems (one Stylus R220 fitted with a continuous ink system, and a Stylus DX4000 and DX5050 fitted with reusable-refillable ink cartridges). They've saved us, and continue to save us, a loads in printing costs!

Here's a real world example: for the Epson Stylus SX415 printer going for £48.97 on Amazon (UK), a set of 4 empty reusable-refillable ink cartridges for this printer (which automatically reset) would cost you an initial £10 from eBay. Thereafter, you'd just have to purchase ink refill bottles to refill the cartridges, which would cost you only around £5 to £9 for a complete set of refills (4 x 100ml bottles of each of the 4 colours - black, cyan, magenta and yellow). A 100ml bottle of ink is equivalent to 13 original black cartridges, and 18 original colour cartridges! (see ink capacities in the next paragraph...)

refillablecartridgefore.jpg

Reusable-refillable ink cartridges which automatically reset.

To put these costs into perspective, a set of original/genuine Epson ink cartridges (Multipack T0715) would cost around £25-£30 for a set of 4, and you only get 7.7ml of ink in the black (T0711), and 5.5ml of ink in the cyan (T0712), magenta (T0713) and yellow (T0714) cartridges. Even a set of compatible third party single use cartridges which can contain between 11ml to 18ml of ink in each would cost more than a reusable-refillable ink cartridge solution or a continuous ink system solution with refills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom