Need alittle help here

I would assume the cpu would be shot if no thermal paste was applied after he got it back from the shop right? I mean how long do u think it could last without paste before burning itself out

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

took the heat sink off just to see what it looked like under there how the paste was.. Come to find out whoever took it apart before me must of forgot to re apply the thermal paste.. Friend said he last took it to a legit computer place to swap out the mobo

LOL wow... can't believe they forgot thermal paste.

I would assume the cpu would be shot if no thermal paste was applied after he got it back from the shop right? I mean how long do u think it could last without paste before burning itself out

Should be fine honestly. CPU's throttle first, then then if they reach too high of a temperature the system will shut down to prevent damage. Was it randomly shutting down on him while using it? If not...that's really surprising.

Would have never guessed that one!
I agree, the cpu is probably o.k. I've seen burn spots on them before, that's your sign that something is wrong

When I disable silent boot and Intel rapid boot it goes through the post screen then to a blank screen and does nothing.. Not sure if that means anything to anyone..

When I disable silent boot and Intel rapid boot it goes through the post screen then to a blank screen and does nothing.. Not sure if that means anything to anyone..

Is that after you put some thermal paste on the cpu?
Geez... if that bone head forgot to use thermal paste, you might have to check the specs on that motherboard to see if it's compatible with the cpu

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom