My New Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
He probably doesnt visit anymore because the joint is run by a selfsish "me me me" lamer.
Cant blame him.

For those that "own" forums, how many allow someone to make one post about their forum or business? Aren't ads either edited/deleted or place in forums for that purpose? The ones that I've been on don't allow SPAMMING. And usually the members don't get mad at the admin/owner for editing or deleting it.

Curostiy again. Mahqsim, would you PM me a list of the forums you own? I would like to see what the difference is between here and there.

Oh, and there is no evil intent to do anything to your forums. You're probably more techie than this technologically impaired member and could keep me from doing anything anyway.

Besides, if you allowed free advertisements, I would sure love to be able to post my links for stuff.

:)

Alright it seems like this thread has gone big.

Yes it was immature changing my homepage to fucku.com. And Chopper really shouldn't haven't done something so childish.

Anyone who does want to view my site, please p.m. me. But I think I will some of you. Thanks.

I do not own a forum.. but I am an Admin on one. We had a run of one time posters.. who wopuld just promote their site or forum... and that would be the last we see of them.

We decided to adopt a policy of only allowing established members... with a minimum of 100 post to promote their own sites. So far it has worked out okay. Any post promoting sites from one timers are removed... with no explanation... the explanation is in the forum rules... the ones you click to 'Accept' when you become a member.

I am in no way saying that this forum should do the same... after all.. it is up to the site owner in the end.

Same here as well... telling about sites/advertising was a big thing previously at our site, except that the member's sole purpose of registration was to advertise. Nowadays, since the webmaster of another forum had a concern about the webmaster of our site spamming up the forum with links, so therefore we put an anti-advertising policy for our site and any site, as long as it is OK with another site/forum's rules.

Acez said:
Alright it seems like this thread has gone big.

Yes it was immature changing my homepage to f****u.com. And Chopper really shouldn't haven't done something so childish.
Hi Acez,

I was beginning to wonder if you'd make a comment about this thread. It seems that a lot of other people have. I see that you've done what's allowed by putting your link in your sig. I don't think anyone has a problem with that.

But speaking of the childish part, now someone has changed your homepage in your profile to http://f***-techist.com. I replaced some letters with ***. Who can change profiles? The user and the admin?

Anyway, if we all can get past the name calling and arguing, I'm sure we can get to the part of helping each other out (according to the forum rules). :)

Mahqsim said:
Wow chopper, youre pretty lame. A board is a board, and just because your board is struggling doesnt mean another cant do well.
lame, lame.
Looks like you even edited his homepage link to "fucku.com"
Even lamer.
Pathetic.
No wonder I never post here.

Actually, you need to learn how Administration works.
I'm an Admin for one of the top 10 gaming sites, and even I do not like people "advertising" their forums on mine. It's common sense, it has nothing to do with being "lame" as you put it.

Learn how the Internet works, and perhaps you should come back and talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom