MS Access Locks up

NOLACop

Baseband Member
I recently migrated to a new server. The server runs my domain controller, DHCP, and all network shared folders. I also have a SQL database on this machine. This server also runs several MS Access databases. All of the databases have frontends that are installed on client machines and the backends that are on the server.

Ever since I migrated all the data I have been having problems with the Access databases. Every time I attempt to add something or look up something in the database and I get to a line in the program with a drop down menu, the program bogs down and I either need to force close the program or wait several minutes for the program to open the drop down menu. All of the backends are shared with permissions set to "everyone."

Today I installed the reverse lookup zone on my DNS and that didn't fix the issue. I ran NsLookup and the server name and IP address are correct. I tried to run NetDiag.exe, which I downloaded from Microsoft but get the "no entry point" error when starting the .exe file which I read is because I didn't download the software from the CD that came with the server. Command line netdiag also failed. But that is not the issue right now. I'm concerned with my Access databases.

Does anyone know what can be causing the MS Access problems?

Thanks for any help, I'm desperate!!!

Back
Top Bottom