Microsoft, Intel, and the DRM have officially screwed us all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
apokalipse said:
you'd mainly use live CD's to troubleshoot/fix somebody's computer

Or, to screw with the network admin at your school, because he has disabled the save function in the Office programs.

(This actually happened at college my first semester. Somebaody started downloading pr0n, and installing stuff on the computers, so the network admin decided to stop the ability to save things to the computer. Unfortunately, this was finals week, and I couldn't save anything to a floppy disk either.)

First off...TROLL.

Second off, Microsoft cannot violate legal legistlation of the government.

Third, do we have ANY hard cold facts about ANYTHING other than some news clips and speculation? If you want to freak out, please do it somewhere else...preferably alone and away from society.

ShoobieRat said:
Third, do we have ANY hard cold facts about ANYTHING other than some news clips and speculation? If you want to freak out, please do it somewhere else...preferably alone and away from society.

I just wanted everyone to be aware that this is possible with Microsoft and Intel. Maybe this would trigger some people to look at other OS's like FreeBSD, Linux, or MacOS. With this speculation, IÂ’ve been trying to learn about Linux and IÂ’ve been working on finding a copy of it. i have had no need to use any other OS except for windows so I haven't bothered to look at any others. This has made me more interested in alternatives to Windows because if these restrictions actually follow through, and is ported over to windows 2000 or XP, than IÂ’m going to use something else because I don't want to have time limits on what I watch and listen to.

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
With this speculation, IÂ’ve been trying to learn about Linux and IÂ’ve been working on finding a copy of it.

You can download iso files at www.linuxiso.org.

You might want to take a quick look in the Linux subforum. There is a distro recommendation thread.

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
Maybe this would trigger some people to look at other OS's...
You know, back when XP first hit the market, and right before, everyone was up-in-arms about the new product activation policies regarding installation and hardware changes. Everyone was shouting "This is the end of Microsoft!" and "No one will buy it, then!" and blah blah blah...

And what happened?

The problem lasted for what? 2 months? 4?

Complaints, bad press and sales problems....Microsoft listened, and laxed their policies.

Honestly, there is no reason for anyone to make any claims on the future or to start freaking out, until there is solid proof and/or full-product testing beyond the initial release.

So many posters are so concerned about trying to stick-it to MS, that they'll let themselves be blind to truth.

What about professional audio programs?

what would stop me from opening RAW data from an audio CD, and saving it as MP3 or WMA in something like Adobe Audition?

Also, I believe this would violate some sort of copyright laws. Consumers have the right to do what they want to do with their legally purchased software and music etc.

The people of the world will find away around everything. Look at the OSX hack they just did, DVD John cracked DVD protection. The harder they make it good for them. There will always be other hardware dealers, OS/freeware coders, and file formats... every herd of ogg or vqf instead of mp3? No matter who trys to do what some one else will eather make a run around for it. Do it better, make it the same that costs $0. :)

The people of the world will find away around everything. Look at the OSX hack they just did, DVD John cracked DVD protection. The harder they make it good for them. There will always be other hardware dealers, OS/freeware coders, and file formats... every herd of ogg or vqf instead of mp3? No matter what some one trys to do, some one else will eather make a run around for it. Do it better, make it the same that costs $0. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom