Malware broke the Internet

bpm55

In Runtime
A friend of mine messaged me yesterday claiming he accidentally changed his search engine. After work I went by his place a discovered he downloaded a program named Setup.exe. That installed a bunch of malware to his computer.

I downloaded and update MalwareBytes and it instantly found mutiple items. After allowing MB to run and quarantine the items the computer restarted. Then I discovered that the internet couldn't find proxy server all on browsers.

Any suggestions to fix the problem are welcome!!

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 4
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 2
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 0
I couldn't get the log off the computer since I was not going to stick my flash drive in. So the above pictures are of the log. More images to come.

I have more images but from what I can tell they are the same things on different browsers. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1
  • photo 1 (1).jpg
    photo 1 (1).jpg
    93 KB · Views: 0
  • photo 2 (1).jpg
    photo 2 (1).jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo 3 (1).jpg
    photo 3 (1).jpg
    93 KB · Views: 0
Disable proxy servers.

Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Connections tab -> LAN Settings... -> uncheck the 'use a proxy' box.

Should work for Chrome as well; not sure if FF uses the system proxy settings or has its own.

You should also double check under Add/Remove programs and uninstall any toolbars, search protects, etc. from there.

Then look in MSConfig under the Startup tab for anything suspicious.

Then run another MBAM scan and post the log here. Then run a scan with AdwCleaner and post the log here:
AdwCleaner Download

After that, run HJT:
HiJackThis | Free software downloads at SourceForge.net

Post the log here.

Back
Top Bottom