Mac Classic and FAT32

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesound

Beta member
I have a situation where I have to format a DVD-RAM disc on a Mac running OS10.3.2 as a FAT32 volume. The disc utility in OS10.3.2 offers "MS-DOS Format" in the options, and DVD's formatted in this way appear as FAT32 volumes on a Windows 200 PC, but here's the kicker:

The FAT32 formatted DVD-RAM will be put in an external firewire DVD-RAM drive (LaCie), and the disc must be read by a Mac running OS9.2 Classic .

It seems, from Apple's website, that FAT32 is compatable with Classic mode, but it doesn't seem to work.

Do I need a driver installed? Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike

Im almost positive Mac OS9 only supports HFS file systems, though I could be wrong. I never really tinkered with different file systems back when I used OS9...sorry I cant be of much help to you otherwise. You may want to ask this question on MacRumors . The people there are of very high experience in dealing with problems and questions.

You may also need to do a System update of OS 9 (if you have not already done so) If there is a java update or something, you might try that.:) Otherwise, you might try burning with Roxio Toast/Jam. They usually have better encoding than "disc burner";)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom