Mac and AIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

fpshureih

Baseband Member
hey guys, bought a new G5 in december and back then i installed AIM 4.6 (i belive it was) from the aim website. The other day a problem arose (i dont knwo how) but every time i close out of an IM window aim freezes, shuts down and asks me to send an error report. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. shut the comp down....i think iv tried it all cept use a earlier version...any suggestions/clues what could be my problem

Yes, you are correct Ichat does work, however when looking at ichat in comparison to AIM...well ...lets just say AIm is better. I am going to try some of the clients sugested earlier...any reccomendations as to which is a better one, an ideal one i would like is one that records conversations (the AIM for mac does) similar to DeadAIM for PC...

P.S. the recoreding for me doesnt matter, however the computer was bought for my sister, and she got too spoiled by having a PC with deadAIM for the past 2 years

Adium logs conversations by default.

iChat is good but I personally dont enjoy its interface compared with Adium (which I use as my main client). I only use iChat for file transfers.

I suggest using Adium 2. Its in testing form at the moment, but it runs more stable than any version of the AIM client Ive used and it supports things like chat logging, skins and so on. It also uses almost zero CPU- always a nice touch. Unfortunately, no file transfers, but I hear that the dev. team is working on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom