Looking into upgrading to Windows 8. Why should I not yet?

I run Win8 exclusively. I have no issue with it without a Touch Device. So people who claim that it is only good for touch is wrong. Cause I use it just fine without touch. Myth Busted.
The problem with the "works for me" argument is it only accounts for your own usage scenarios.
You aren't exactly representative of an 'average' user, and you'll have your own ways of doing things, as well as your own specific set of demands.

Last edited:
I think bottom line is that it isnt necessary to upgrade to Windows 8 unless you really want to and have no fear of learning some new features not present in Windows 7. New features in Windows 8 could either be helpful and exciting to you, or if it's too much to learn (Start Screen being the biggest learning curve), then stick with Windows 7. It is just that Windows 8 is super, super cheap until Feb 1st when upgrading. On the long run, it is worth the upgrade when you can save yourself a lot of money when upgrading. Sure there will be bugs but there is always issues bugs with anything new and fixes are always on the way. You guys decide what is best for you and your needs.

sarcasm....

I see Metro as something that should be fixed, but we know it's there to stay

Hard to pick that up on the interwebz :p.

Cant say it should be when it works work quite well on the Zune HD, Windows Phones, and now Windows 8. Windows 8 UI just needs to be tweaked some more.

Why would I want my desktop to act like a cell phone?
I did install 8 on another pc a few days ago. All the bouncing around I have to do with my mouse on the start screen is wasteful. Slide to this corner to get to settings and slide to that corner to get on the desktop....or look for the silly apps. Apps belong on a cell phone or an iPad.... Not my desktop
And why the hell does M$ give users an empty Games folder in the programs list? And then tell us all our games are apps?

Installed Win8 alongside my other OS's on my laptop this evening. So far I like it. Installed Pokki as a start-menu addition which I quite like.

@Joe C: I haven't had to do any of the "bouncing around" you speak of. I don't use hot corners, nor the metro screen. I only see it when I first boot, and that's it.

Is this some kind of secret that your keeping for yourself or can you let us know what your doing to avoid that #!@&*!! Metro start screen. Can you play spider solitaire without it?
I do use Start 8 and that does boot me up straight to the desktop

Edit: I just downloaded the Pokki and will check that out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom