Leopard Hacked To Run On A PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok one, macs can get viruses, the chances are much much much lower but they do happen, HOWEVER if they do they cause nearly no damage to the computer, for several reasons, one including mac's do not have a registry like windows making it much more stable, and virus cant attack i easily. 2 the reasons there is hardly any viruses for mac is not because ppl dont write them rather mac is built on a strong UNIX technology which is very secure. Also Mac is mre stable and less freezes and crashes happen
I would be against mac releasing Mac OSX for a PC because it would not work as well. Sure macs are more expensive but with the proper care they pay for themselves that is by the time you keep loading on Anti-virus software and other maintanance programs you could by a mac and they last up to 7 years in most cases they will not be top of the range but still work.
And mac is a much more user friendly experience and generally better, unlike windows you can install the new operating systems on onlder models like the leopard oS on an old ibook g4. I use Windows and macs and i think mac is a much superior OS than windows.

Also i have up to date internet security and firewalls and i still get viruses on a regualar occasion. However i do agree sometimes it is easier to format the HDD and start again sometimes then cleaning out your PC

Also macs are much faster when the HD becomes fuller.

for us OCers? no way.

first off- virus, best stuff is free. Or you can get good third party.
second- upgrades?! You can get almost anything for a PC, not a mac.
third- user interface? That is all your own perception. I hate macs, I have used them a fair amount, and I dont like them at all compared to windows. But that is just ME, it is diff for everyone

Ok one, macs can get viruses, the chances are much much much lower but they do happen, HOWEVER if they do they cause nearly no damage to the computer, for several reasons, one including mac's do not have a registry like windows making it much more stable, and virus cant attack i easily. 2 the reasons there is hardly any viruses for mac is not because ppl dont write them rather mac is built on a strong UNIX technology which is very secure. Also Mac is mre stable and less freezes and crashes happen
I would be against mac releasing Mac OSX for a PC because it would not work as well. Sure macs are more expensive but with the proper care they pay for themselves that is by the time you keep loading on Anti-virus software and other maintanance programs you could by a mac and they last up to 7 years in most cases they will not be top of the range but still work.
And mac is a much more user friendly experience and generally better, unlike windows you can install the new operating systems on onlder models like the leopard oS on an old ibook g4. I use Windows and macs and i think mac is a much superior OS than windows.

Also i have up to date internet security and firewalls and i still get viruses on a regualar occasion. However i do agree sometimes it is easier to format the HDD and start again sometimes then cleaning out your PC

Also macs are much faster when the HD becomes fuller.

You do realize that ALL of the hardware inside of a mac is identical to a pc right? Intel processor, intel board, probably a WD or seagate hard drive, standard memory. Every single thing you sited is OS specific and has nothing to do with the "mac" or "pc"

Leopard Hacked To Run On A PC

Apple's Leopard has been hacked to run on a PC? That didn't take long, now did it? Apparently it is a simple, three-step process.

Well its been only a day since the Mac OSX Leopard was released officially by Apple and the hackers have managed to create a patched DVD that everyone like you and me can use to install Leopard on PC's without having to buy a Mac.

Doesn't always work. Out of 4 computers... only one was successful. And as far as the better os goes... windows/osX/linux... google's new OS is going to be the best! (hehe... I wish).

There is no best.

There is a best for each person.

I'd argue that you'd have to be of lower intelligence to prefer mac to windows, or windows to linux, but where would that get us? :cool:

And I would argue the fact that being a programmer/developer... that windows is a preferred os. Lower intelligence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom