Laptop GPU Default Clocks Cause Crash

selimsandal

Beta member
Hi,
I'm using a Clevo P775TM1-G Laptop. It has a GTX 1070 Factory O.C., I7-9700K, 16GB of ram.
I used this laptop for 1.5 years and had no problem. A week ago I made my retailer repaste the gpu and cpu and clean the laptop and the issues started.

PROBLEM:
Under load my GPU/Driver crashes giving the error: nvlddmkm display driver stopped responding.
And I've seen some artifacts on screen when testing with FurMark/Heaven Benchmark. (These apps and games like CS:GO crash after 5 seconds into them)

THE THINGS I TRIED:
Reinstalled windows from original usb, tried using an older driver, tried using the latest driver, updating using windows update, reinstalled windows without connection then installed the drivers only my retailer/Clevo listed on their site, resetted the BIOS, reverted to BIOS factory defaults, tried changing NVIDIA driver settings to performance, tried changing windows power profile.

THE THINGS PARTIALLY FIXED THE ISSUE:
Lowering down GPU core clock by 75 mhz (the factory overclock value)
Enabling NVIDIA Driver debug mode (disabling GPU Boost 3.0 I guess)

If you have an idea or encountered something like this (especially on a Clevo/Sager etc. laptop) please help me replying.

Bad mount causing over heating of the GPU or VRAM or incorrect paste application. Artifacting is typically a VRAM issue. If you can hear the fan ramp up it'll be one of those two. If you can't hear the fan ramp up they didn't plug it back in or it's damaged.

Bad mount causing over heating of the GPU or VRAM or incorrect paste application. Artifacting is typically a VRAM issue. If you can hear the fan ramp up it'll be one of those two. If you can't hear the fan ramp up they didn't plug it back in or it's damaged.
Thank You!
I checked both fans, they're working so I'll repaste and check the mounting of the gpu as soon as possible, will update this thread too.

That box is a choke, but the pads go underneath the heatsink. This looks like a top down picture of the top of the heatsink. Give a little more FOV.

That box is a choke, but the pads go underneath the heatsink. This looks like a top down picture of the top of the heatsink. Give a little more FOV.
Yes it's a top down picture of the heatsink/pipes. I can't open the laptop right now, I'll send new pictures as soon as I can open it. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom