java.lang.NullPointerException help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevsmovies1

Solid State Member
Hi,

I'm encountering a problem on the web, which seems to be 2 fold. I'm basically trying to use Sonys (uk) website and trying to go to the online store, but whenever I click on any button to get into the store I get the following message:-

java.lang.NullPointerException and an internal server error 500

Also, when I go to Sun to download the latest Java client software, it seems to fail on both auto & manual installs.

Does anybody have any ideas whats causing the problems.

BTW. I'm using Win2K Pro, IE6, Zonealarm Pro which are all up to date.

Cheers!

an internal server error 500 is something server side and you have no control over it. being a java.lang.NullPointerException would imply bad coding in one of the applets on their website and there is nothing you can do about it other that mail the webmaster and tell him he is paying monkeys to maintain the website!

Sounds about right! Weirdly though I could access it from another machine with seemingly no problems at all.... but that machine is running ME, so maybe they neglected the little used Win 2K Pro when testing it!

actually i've had a thought, although it might not be entirely correct:

Win 2K probably shipped with microsofts java virtual machine which was crap. Try downloading the latest virtual machine from java.sun.com and install that. Hopefully that might solve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom