Issues Recording Game Footage

SyrupFiend

Beta member
Hi! I'm not too sure whether I should post this here or in Gaming because it's a bit of both I guess, so feel free to move this if it doesn't belong! Pretty much i've been trying to record my gameplay on my PCs but am having so much trouble getting things to work. I have tried virtually every recommended screen game capture software and none of them have worked effectively. The only one that worked at all was NCH Debut (and that made my computer lag so much it wasn't worth it). Basically all of the programmes only record audio with a black screen once I open the game. It will record the actual desktop fine, but the moment I open the game window, BAM, nothing.... The one I've been trying to use lately is Movavi Game Capture 4, but it doesn't record properly and crashes my game. I've updated my GPU drivers, downloaded new codec packs and updated DirectX. I use Windows 7. Both my computers are having the same issues, and one is a relatively good gaming computer. I have spent sooo long trying to fix this issue, it's starting to drive me a little bit mad:(

Here's a bit of my DxDiag for one of the computers if it helps:
System Information
------------------

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version CCB.03.61.22F.35
Processor: AMD A4-3300M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 1514MB RAM
Page File: 1829MB used, 1200MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Let me know if more is needed, I didn't want to paste the whole thing as it's quite long! And i'm not too sure exactly what information would be required.

Thanks so much for any help on this :)

Hi! I'm not too sure whether I should post this here or in Gaming because it's a bit of both I guess, so feel free to move this if it doesn't belong! Pretty much i've been trying to record my gameplay on my PCs but am having so much trouble getting things to work. I have tried virtually every recommended screen game capture software and none of them have worked effectively. The only one that worked at all was NCH Debut (and that made my computer lag so much it wasn't worth it). Basically all of the programmes only record audio with a black screen once I open the game. It will record the actual desktop fine, but the moment I open the game window, BAM, nothing.... The one I've been trying to use lately is Movavi Game Capture 4, but it doesn't record properly and crashes my game. I've updated my GPU drivers, downloaded new codec packs and updated DirectX. I use Windows 7. Both my computers are having the same issues, and one is a relatively good gaming computer. I have spent sooo long trying to fix this issue, it's starting to drive me a little bit mad:(

Here's a bit of my DxDiag for one of the computers if it helps:
System Information
------------------

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version CCB.03.61.22F.35
Processor: AMD A4-3300M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 1514MB RAM
Page File: 1829MB used, 1200MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Let me know if more is needed, I didn't want to paste the whole thing as it's quite long! And i'm not too sure exactly what information would be required.

Thanks so much for any help on this :)

have you tried FRAPS or DXTORY?
your processor is pretty bad for what you are trying to do.

Got a more complete model number? G6 doesn't help much for more specs on that laptop. A review of another G6 with an A4 4300 APU states that this is a mediocre laptop, but has good battery life
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2418818,00.asp
From what I can see that you posted...1.9 ghz processor and 2 gb memory?
I would check the minimum requirements that the software requires your attempting to use, this laptop might not be up to those requirements

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom