Is Wii Worthy of American Heart Association Accolade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
"We can ignore the audience that is engaged with gaming -- a huge audience -- or we can find different ways of engaging that audience," Yancy said. "Certainly there are games within the Nintendo portfolio that are more sedentary, but to their credit they've pioneered physically active gaming."

Click for the full article: Is Wii Worthy of American Heart Assn. Endorsement? - ABC News

I actually find this interesting...

When i see this and it like going to MacDonalds and seeing those Wieght Watchers Approved / Healthy Choice meals deal.

Even though we have things like the Wii Fit and other active games, I do find that most of thier games are not really physically active. If you really want to get fit, go outside and play or get a gym membership.

Well, aren't some of McDonald's meals heathyish? Salads + snack wraps?

Well, aren't some of McDonald's meals heathyish? Salads + snack wraps?

Yeah. People have a bad prejudice against McDonalds when it comes to health. It's possible to eat healthy at McDonalds. I'm sure most people don't, but it's possible. If I get a grilled chicken sandwich, piled with fresh veggies, a fruit and walnut salad, and an ice water, I'm eating just as healthy as I could at a "real" restaurant. Usually, people eat even more unhealthy foods at real restaurants. It's just that they aren't already labeled as being unhealthy, so they think it's alright.

But about the Wii. Some Wii fit games don't work you out, but there are a few Fit games that will wear you down. If Wii Fit isn't good enough for you, try EA Active Personal Trainer. That will kick your butt.

Only difference between real boxing, and you boxing with the wii, you have no force feedback with the wii, which with real boxing causes you to burn more calories and work harder.

Doesn't matter. I'd never use Wii for exercise. I go the gym everyday.

I can say this: I exercise regularly--I ride my bike at least 8 miles a day, and on the weekends 17 miles a day. But I did boxing, tennis, and baseball yesterday on the Wii, and my muscles are more sore than they've been in a while! Also, I did work up a sweat. So I think Wii is a decent alternative for people who hate the gym (me), or for whatever reason can't get outside to exercise.

If you live in a really polluted city, or can't get outside when the weather isn't brutal, then I think it's fine to use the Wii. And I agree with the above posts about McDonalds. Yes, it's better to eat local fresh food, to cook for yourself, but if you can't then at least McD's offers BETTER choices, even if they're not ideal.

I can say this: I exercise regularly--I ride my bike at least 8 miles a day, and on the weekends 17 miles a day. But I did boxing, tennis, and baseball yesterday on the Wii, and my muscles are more sore than they've been in a while! Also, I did work up a sweat. So I think Wii is a decent alternative for people who hate the gym (me), or for whatever reason can't get outside to exercise.

Because biking works your legs, not your arms like those Wii fit games did :p.

wii is overrated and causes injuries of people and tvs/monitors. woman had a black eye!!!!! kids get impaled.... not approved for any use. unless you like that kinda thing. and you are gross for doing so. sorry n you can't have this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom