iPod Touch Downgrade Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brainiac107

Solid State Member
please help me fix my ipod touch 4th gen. ok so I have 4.3.5 and I want to downgrade it to 4.3.3. I downloaded the .ipsw file and restored it but I cant seem to get it out of recovery! I tried easyrecovery, recboot, tinyumbrella, and I even tried jailbreaking it with redsnow but it just freezes. PLEASE HELP ME!

Did you have the SHSH's saved from 4.3.3? Because you need to have those to downgrade.

You won't be able to downgrade, as far as I know. When you try to, Apple checks what the latest version is on their servers, and if it isn't (in this case it isn't) it'll give you an error and you have to restore to the one that was on the iPod to begin with.

When I downgraded the firmware on my iPod Touch I had to block the address of the site that iTunes uses to check with Apple to see if it's alright to upgrade. Have you tried that?

Your best option will be to go to the Apple Support site and ask there. After all they are the experts on those devices. We are not experts. We are just normal users like yourself. If no one has done this to their iPod then we wont know how to assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom