iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
there has to be a simple hardware fix they could do for this, even if they had to coat the side where the signal problem stems from, im sure they could put some sort of clear coat substance over it with out impairing the signal. all you would need is something like clear nail pollish alltho if done by hand could look messy, but this is just an example. im sure apple has an infinite amount of ways they could fix this issue yet they havent. i will stick it out with my 3g until the iphone 4 is fixed for good.

I'm pretty sure they will fix it with some kind of super insulating coating. Wait ! I can see it now, Steve Jobs: "Today i announce the iPhone 4GS, it keeps our incredible attenae design as well as world first breakthrough technology, a super insulating liquid diamond coating covering the entire phone, it's magically sparkly !"

Ha, not really. But i think they will secretly release a revised iPhone 4 before the years out.

edit:

Come to think of it, being carbon 'n all Diamond is probably pretty conductive at a guess, but thats besides the point.

@Puddle

The Super AMOLED are perhaps slightly better in terms of vividness and saturation over the IP4 screen. But the IP4 screen still looks excellent when you see it first hand, and i think i prefer the extra resolution anyway. Despite what people say you can tell the extra resolution. I am used to constantly seeing good tv's, monitors etc as it is a particular interest of mine but still 1 month to the day after getting the IP4 i on occasion am still bewildered at how stunningly sharp it is, the other day i was taking a picture of a pebbled road in Wales holding the phone at chest height, and i could see an ant run across the pebbled road from my screen, it was absolutely tiny - but the fact i could see it was quite amazing.

The Super AMOLED are perhaps slightly better in terms of vividness and saturation over the IP4 screen. But the IP4 screen still looks excellent when you see it first hand, and i think i prefer the extra resolution anyway. Despite what people say you can tell the extra resolution. I am used to constantly seeing good tv's, monitors etc as it is a particular interest of mine but still 1 month to the day after getting the IP4 i on occasion am still bewildered at how stunningly sharp it is, the other day i was taking a picture of a pebbled road in Wales holding the phone at chest height, and i could see an ant run across the pebbled road from my screen, it was absolutely tiny - but the fact i could see it was quite amazing.

I've seen the iPhone 4 display in person plenty of times, half of my coworkers have one. The display is better than average I agree but it's hardly jaw dropping.

Every video ive seen has the Galaxy S's Super AMOLED blacks looking BLACK and colors vibrant. The contrast (not the ratio specs, but the actual visible difference) is big from what i can tell. The Iphone 4's display looks great and its only when they are directly compared you can see what a difference the Super AMOLED is.

YouTube - iPhone 4 Retina Display vs Samsung Captivate Super AMOLED

I completely agree that the visible difference in contrast is the biggest advantage of S-AMOLED screens. The Captivate's screen is simply stunning in that video.

I've seen the iPhone 4 display in person plenty of times, half of my coworkers have one. The display is better than average I agree but it's hardly jaw dropping.

Thats odd. Like i said, its easily better than both my monitors and equal to the best TV in the house without a doubt. Everyone i have showed it to, the first comment they make is how great the screen is. There is some variations between the screens though, some are too yellow and not as bright, and some are slightly blue, and some are just right - depending on the batch. I think i was fortunate, mine does not have either of the deficiencies.

I am hoping to see a S-AMOLED screen within a few days so will comment when i actually see one then.

edit:

Okay after watching youtube video's, i am slightly jealous of the contrast on that thing. But the UI looks like crap, so i still would not choose it over ip4 ;)

Thats odd. Like i said, its easily better than both my monitors and equal to the best TV in the house without a doubt. Everyone i have showed it to, the first comment they make is how great the screen is. There is some variations between the screens though, some are too yellow and not as bright, and some are slightly blue, and some are just right - depending on the batch. I think i was fortunate, mine does not have either of the deficiencies.

I am hoping to see a S-AMOLED screen within a few days so will comment when i actually see one then.

edit:

Okay after watching youtube video's, i am slightly jealous of the contrast on that thing. But the UI looks like crap, so i still would not choose it over ip4 ;)

Whats so bad about the ui? So far everything I have heard about TouchWiz has been extremely positive. Besides if you don't like the ui change it, as popular as the Galaxy S line is I imagine we will see plenty of good themes as well as roms with everything from vanilla android to Sense in the not too distant future.

To be honest I have never seen whats so great about Apple's interface anyways.

Edit: Here is the Samsung Vibrant running Quake 3. :omg:

MVI_1299 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I believe it's just the timedemo as they haven't gotten input working on virtual keyboards yet.

like mentioned tho there is a greyish hue over the captivate screen vs the iphone screen showing true colours. but i is jealous of the contrast on that captivate.

Did you not see that disgusting yellow tinge on the video i posted? 9:30

Edit: Here is the Samsung Vibrant running Quake 3. :omg:

MVI_1299 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I believe it's just the timedemo as they haven't gotten input working on virtual keyboards yet.

No, you can play Quake 3 properly. Look it up on youtube, you can even verse over Wifi someone on a pc on the network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom