Internet troubles with bootcamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lileh

Solid State Member
So my problem:

I recently bought a Macbook Pro and installed bootcamp. The installation went fine, normal process except when i go to the windows portion, the internet doesnt connect.

I connect using Ethernet, broadband, using PPPoE, etc. When in the Mac part, internet works fine but when in windows i get "limited and/or no connectivy" (or whatever that message is)

Any ideas on how to get the net to connect in windows?

[edit] Yes i have installed the drivers CD

So, since the internet works fine in OS X, you're actually having a windows problem, right?
Pft, go figure.

You'll have to wait until The General gets around to reading this. He's the only other guy here with a MBP.

In the meantime, it would be a safe bet that since this is a windows related problem, you could ask for help in the windows section of the forum.

I don't really know what to tell you, every time I've used Windows on my MacBook Pro, the internet has just worked no problem. And since I don't know much about Windows, I don't really know how to diagnose your problem.

Sorry. :confused:

If I were you, I'd just go to the Windows section and not mention that you're using a Mac. :p

Hmm. Well i dont know what to do then x_x

I might have located the problem, Even when on the mac side i have to manually connect the internet, i mean click the "<...>" symbol then click connect. This may have some effect on it.

I hoping once i get wirless the problem will sort itself out x_x Thanks anyways

I haven't installed Windows on my new C2D MacBook Pro, so when I go home I'll try it and see if I get the same result, if so I will post back with the solution.

Thanks, that'd be great. If i get the wireless tomorrow ill post my new results too =D

Well, I installed Windows XP Pro SP2 and it works fine. I have a 17" Core 2 Duo 2.33Ghz / 2GB / 160GB MacBook Pro. I don't know what to tell you. :confused:

**** it. Do you have wireless?

Also, do you know how to make the internet connect automactically when you log on? Like the moment your on? If i can change that setting so i dont need to click connect everytime maybe that'll fix it >_<

Maybe its the fact that you're using PPPoE?
Can you use DHCP?

I'm not familiar with PPPoE, but if you need to enter passwords or whatever, that may be whats causing it (I really don't know I'm just guessing)

I dont think i can use that. We had to call the internet providers to help us set it up since me and my mum are mac "virgins" xP but the guy told us to imput everything into PPPoE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom