internet trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuthlessVillain

Solid State Member
my internet latly cant seem to do anything right. when i try to sign on to certain things like xfire.com, and the america's army servers, it cant seem to log in, the same with runescape. its also slow down considerably. If anyone has some tips or help for me it would be apreciated

Whats your ISP?

have Router? what model?

Have modem? what model?

what broswer are you using?

what AV and Anti spyware programs are you using.

Find out what model they are otherwise I can't help you.

What AntiSpyware programs do you have?

Have AOL run a diagnostic on your connection, call them.

all of the spyware, virus, and anything like that i use the aol and micrsoft versions.

im not sure what to look for on the model for modem but it says
56k pci modem
and im not sure if u need this but, release 2.03

Well 56K is slow, very slow combined with AOL.

This is an Internal Modem right? RJ-11 cable goes right into computer?

So you don't have a router.?

Have you tried disconnecting and then reconnecting, it could be a slow server that you got onto when you dialed up.

But Im willing to bet that you got some spyware/Viruses, But since you have 56K, I Reccomend you download these free programs on another computer and use a CD-r or USB flash drive to get the install file to your computer.

Download these

Stinger
Hijackthis

Run Stinger, delete whatever it finds, then run hijackthis and then save the log file, open the log file and copy/paste that into a reply for us to look at.

this has been happening for only two days so far and im getting pissed i cant do anything
normally its much faster then this. and do u mean unplug the phone line wire or the modem itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom