Installing foreign language fonts

SteveH

Beta member
Hello

I have recently downloaded and installed a couple of Chinese language fonts, and I can see them in my Windows | Fonts folder. That is all I have done.

What do I now need to do, please, to make these fonts available in, say, Word or Photoshop? And once they are available - in other words, when I type on my English language keyboard, the result is Chinese glyphs - how do I know which glyphs I am pressing?

Is there a virtual Chinese language keyboard that could act as a guide?

Thank you.

Steve

Hello

I have recently downloaded and installed a couple of Chinese language fonts, and I can see them in my Windows | Fonts folder. That is all I have done.

What do I now need to do, please, to make these fonts available in, say, Word or Photoshop? And once they are available - in other words, when I type on my English language keyboard, the result is Chinese glyphs - how do I know which glyphs I am pressing?

Is there a virtual Chinese language keyboard that could act as a guide?

Thank you.

Steve

If you are using microsoft word, just type out what you want to say in english.
Highlight the text, navigate your mouse to Tool tab at the top.
Click language and choose the font you installed or wanted.
Hit ok and it should change with no problems.
To be sure everything is translated correctly by windows/openoffice/msoffice.
Visit google translate and check your work.
Google Translate

Hello Mike

Thanks for your reply.

I can't see 'Tools' in my Word version (2007), but I can see 'Translate' (please see screenshot). As you can see, I get a couple of definitions/translations on the right-hand side. They are incorrect, by the way. Actually, that may not be true! I think it depends if you are using traditional/simplified Chinese, etc.

I happen to know the four symbols that I needed to copy and paste into Photoshop, so I checked the Google link you posted and the translation was fairly accurate.

So, thank you for that!

Steve

Attachments

• screen_techforum.jpg
    screen_techforum.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom