Info on Midi Keyboard Controllers

XGC Forsakend

Student & Lover of Games
A project I am currently working on requires I create a couple of songs to support it. The project is a small scale game using UDK that will be a 3rd person Action/Horror (probably less horror than we want though looking at our alpha build).

So thinking ahead, I went and bought some editing software and such I wanted to use 2 months back. Unfortunately I didn't realize I needed a Midi Keyboard for input to use the variety of Synthetic Instruments the software offers. I needed to begin production on the soundtracks this past weekend (totally procrastinated =/ )

So before I go out and purchase a Midi Keyboard Controller... is there anything I need to specifically look out for by chance? I planned on simply going to the store and just picking a random one that fits my price range and works as a Midi input, those are my only requirements. But is there anything I may need to look for such as: Brands to avoid. Make sure it offers a specific feature, make sure it says 'Midi' on it' and so on?

*This will be the first Keyboard I will go out and buy, my price range is $150 in case anyone asks*

is there anything I need to specifically look out for by chance? I planned on simply going to the store and just picking a random one that fits my price range and works as a Midi input, those are my only requirements. But is there anything I may need to look for such as: Brands to avoid. Make sure it offers a specific feature, make sure it says 'Midi' on it' and so on?
*This will be the first Keyboard I will go out and buy, my price range is $150 in case anyone asks*

I never used a midi controller keyboard before but look here first:
M-AUDIO - MIDI Keyboard Controllers

M-AUDIO - Axiom AIR Mini 32 - New - Premium Keyboard and Pad Controller
Read the system requirement specifications.
If you know of VGMusic - 30,679 Game Music MIDI files go speak with the forum and ask them.
Some one will point you in the right direction. :)

Back
Top Bottom