IIS and Internal web hosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techno-Man

Solid State Member
Hi,

Im not very good with web sites and hosting, but a former employee of ours set up a company website and has no left. Over night the website has disapeared and I have looked on the servers for a backup but can find it any where, also I have looked through IIS as I thought this is where it would be hosted from but nothing, anyone one have an idea of what im missing?

Cheers

Ouch ...
What was the name of the site?
Are you sure it was even hosted locally?
Did he have a company laptop? workstation?

Well, if it was hosted by a third party you might be able to inquire about a standard backup procedure that the company might have. Depends on where the site was hosted and for how long. Either way, you may want to start checking company resources the person might have used to save a local copy of the site.

If you throw the name of the site we can search around a little.

Hi,

Im not very good with web sites and hosting, but a former employee of ours set up a company website and has no left. Over night the website has disapeared and I have looked on the servers for a backup but can find it any where, also I have looked through IIS as I thought this is where it would be hosted from but nothing, anyone one have an idea of what im missing?

Cheers

The company website (I am guessing it is internal, as in no domain on the outside?) if it was hosted on IIS would only disappear if the actual directory was located on another server (NTFS rarely drops whole directories, or at least I have never lost an entire directory) and that server or desktop no longer exists! (or it was turned off) (that or your ex-employee pulled a fast one on you!)

I would suggest you take another look at the IIS panel, is there an actual "Web Site" module for the internal site, but it is just not showing up?

Lastly, the only thing I can see is it is hosted on something else, perhaps another server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom