i think im giving up on my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a harder time with.
they make sure that the copy is legit... they have your bring in proof of purchase and instal it on your macbook in that class.

Since when does a school have the right to know what you have installed on your personal computer?

They don't really want to know what is installed on the PC. All they require is that the students actually bought the program. It is insane though for them to require students to buy a mac and a $1399 program.

If you just trying to get into photography, your better off taking some assorted courses and just taking a ton of pictures.

A fancy laptop and a photo editing program does not make you a good photographer regardless of what anyone tries to say.

Taking a crapload of pictures, learning what makes a good shot and years of practice make a good photographer.

Besides trying to learn to be a good photographer with a $1000 camera, a $1000 laptop, and a $1000 editing program is like learning to be a good driver in a Ferrari, yeah it'll look good, but it's designed to facilitate advanced driving anyone can drive fast in a ferrari.

If I were you I'd go out, buy a nice film SLR and some decent lenses (Autofocus so you can carry them over to a DSLR eventually, and then go out and shoot a roll a day for a month, you'll learn way more about photography than by taking some classes.

If you just trying to get into photography, your better off taking some assorted courses and just taking a ton of pictures.

A fancy laptop and a photo editing program does not make you a good photographer regardless of what anyone tries to say.

Taking a crapload of pictures, learning what makes a good shot and years of practice make a good photographer.

Besides trying to learn to be a good photographer with a $1000 camera, a $1000 laptop, and a $1000 editing program is like learning to be a good driver in a Ferrari, yeah it'll look good, but it's designed to facilitate advanced driving anyone can drive fast in a ferrari.

If I were you I'd go out, buy a nice film SLR and some decent lenses (Autofocus so you can carry them over to a DSLR eventually, and then go out and shoot a roll a day for a month, you'll learn way more about photography than by taking some classes.
doesnt get me the degree i want.

but a degree gets you a job..

with a degree it shows that you know more than what goes into a good picture..

sure you can shoot thousands of pictures a year and become great at taking photo's, but without formal classes it's all subjective to how you see it. If you think something is great, it doesn't mean everybody will think it's great. Classes give you fundamentals for what to look at and for when taking photographs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom