i need a log check up ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
To say clean in the future, just remember keep upto date with windows updates and your anti virus updates.

hey im not sure about the clean part. The panda scan did detect lik 28 spyware stuff and 2 hacking stuff, i just cudnt clean it cos it wud cost me. and my system restore still wont work. i tried disabling it...that wudnt even work.
im sorry for bugging you guys, but I am really appreciating the help im getting so far from you guys.

-Qasim

The '28 spyware stuff' is the cookies and the '2 hacking stuff' is SmitFraudfix' which is a legit tool.

So exactly what happens with the system restore issue?

You go to Start > Control panel > System Properties > System restore and click the box 'turn off system restore' then apply and ok reboot and uncheck the box?

i did try that before and this is the error im getting:
System restore encountered an error trying to E/D one or more devices. Please restart your machine and try again.

This is after i click apply.
here is my log just in case

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:38:20 AM, on 8/29/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\Winamp.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = https://ccc.trendmicro.com/personal/en-us/Page/MyPortal/ForgetPWD.aspx
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut] HDAShCut.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!ewido] "C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [kav] "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: Web Anti-Virus - {1F460357-8A94-4D71-9CA3-AA4ACF32ED8E} - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\scieplugin.dll
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1156222953980
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: klogon - C:\WINDOWS\system32\klogon.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 (AVP) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe" -r (file missing)
O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe

i still do not know why my system restore will not work and safe mode. I tried disabling system restore then enabling it again...but i get an error that it cannot disable it first.

from what i herd from u guys, my system is clean, but why isnt S Restore fixed?

Is it enabled?

to reinstall system restore

Click Start, Run and type %Windir%\INF
Locate the SR.INF file. If you have configured Windows Explorer to hide known file extensions, the file may show up as SR. To see the file extensions for all file types, then try this:
On the Tools menu in My Computer, click Folder Options.
Click the View tab.
Clear the Hide extensions for known file types check box.
Right-click the SR.INF file, and then click Install
Windows will now attempt to reinstall System Restore, and may prompt you for the Windows installation source path. Point to %Windir%\ServicePackFiles folder, or insert your slipstreamed Windows XP (matching the Service Pack level of your system.)
System Restore core files will be reinstalled. Restart Windows when prompted.

or

Notes

Alternately, you can reinstall System Restore using the following command line:
rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %Windir%\Inf\sr.inf

Thank you ALL so much, it finally works. You guys did an amazing job and i wanna thank your whole team. There is one more problem, but I do not think it is due to this.
My printer spooler wont work so i cant install it.
I even went to the printer and faxes part and tried clicking printer servers but it wouldnt work. If you guys cant help me with this, could you let me know what thread im suppose to be in.
And again thanks for cleaning my pc

-Qasim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom