I just witnessed the true power of Hibernation...

Zekester2097

In Runtime
I was (still am right now) defraggin my HDD (I put it in AVG's thorough mode, so it takes a while). It struck 10:00 PM. I had to get off cuz its a school night. I said "why not" and clicked "Hibernate" under the Power section of the start menu. almost 10 seconds pass, then it just shuts off... I turn it on today, just came home from school. I see the Toshiba screen thing, 5 seconds later, BAM, it looks like I never even turned it off, down to the fact that the start menu was still open, from where I clicked "hibernate"... Wow... Now I know how cool this is, I'm surely gonna use it alot...

Last edited:
You've never used Hibernate before?

I used it all the time on my laptops before I got an SSD.

Yeah, I thought I wouldn't use it... according to this Wiki article, WIn8 and Win10 have been using it under my nose, when I click shutdown... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernation_(computing)#Microsoft_Windows

my 2 cents : If you wanna access the HDD on somethin else, or the WIndows partition in another OS, hold in [SHIFT] while you click shutdown, It'll do a "traditional" shutdown, instead of the Hybrid Boot...

Last edited:
why not just leave it on. the power consumption with no load on ecu is minimal

Because with a laptop that's not always possible or recommended...especially if you have to put it in a backpack or bag and transport it ;).

Back
Top Bottom