How does mobile internet relate to computer internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

meior

Beta member
This may seem like a stupid question but im totally confused. Hacking is such a big thing but how comes mobiles that have wireless internet are never hacked and nobody is trying to hack them.

I mean the blackberry for example, first thing I thought of was

"Is it possible to connect to their device via my pc connection?" Coding keyloggers, spyware and viruses and infecting phones that are connected to the internet.

I'm not this kind of person I just think like this out of curiosity. Once a phone is connected to the internet it's given an IP just the same was as your PC does.

Lastly I wonder if its possible to code the hack on your pc, put it on your phone then bind it to a text message which once opened by the reader they are infected?

I dont think a BB has every been hacked into remotely. My question is WHY?

The reason is simple. Hacks only work for the OS they are designed for. Meaning that you cant just get a keylogger on your BB and have it operate as it would on your Desktop. It is designed to be used in a Windows OS, BB uses RIM (Research In Motion) OS which is not the same. So the hack wouldnt work, cause it is not the same OS. This is why Windows is so highly attacked and other OS's are not. If you are going to create such a thing, you want it to affect the most people possible. Would that be a BB? Would it be Android? Or would you go after Windows which has the largest user base in the entire world? The choice is simple.

People have started to go after such things liek Android and OS X from Apple now. Only cause they are starting to become more popular. But you have to design and create something specifically for those OS's in use. In addition they have to be downloaded and run as an App on a mobile phone. So they have to make it to the market place on Android and be installed. So you have to promote the App and have it be downloaded. Just search for Google Apps that are infected and you will see that Google has a very quick response to taking down such apps from their market after they are discovered. The same will be said of any other apps.

iOS apps for the iPhone that take control of the phone are not even distributed by their AppStore. You would have to download them from a PC and install them on your phone manually. So such apps are even harder to find. The same will be of BB apps as well. You would have to get them into the BB Market in order for them to actually do damage, and getting them put there and promoted are tough.

The only reason why Android apps make it out there is Google doesnt have a strict review process in place yet. The amount of apps that are infectious are few and far between. If there was a higher rate of infectious apps, Google would most likely implement a review process similar to that of Apple's and then you wouldnt see such apps in the Market at all and a user would have to load them on the device themselves. Taking Google and their responsibility out of the picture.

So it is very tricky to get a device infected as easily as a PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom