Honest question about Windows XP

Giancarlo

Banned
Okay, my dad's computer uses Windows XP and my computer back at California uses Windows 2000. I do like XP from what I have been using but am still hesitant. How do you guys like Windows XP? Chances are I'm just going to get the home edition like my dad has because I don't need the extras (or the extra price hahahah) the professional edition has. I've been pondering this question, but is the change of XP over 2000 really worth the price? Is XP worth it? In your minds.. I'm just stuck..

Xp is not bad. Given that MY natural preference is the free Linux solution, I can't just "reccomend" it to you, but XP does have some nice features. It's accualy quite stable (compared to 2000, NT, ME, 98), and works quite well. If you are willing to pay the money you can, but keep in mind longhorn should be rolling around in about a year and a half, which might save you those 300 + dollars.

$300+ Dollars? I thought it was $90-100? Yeah I know about Longhorn. Maybe I can stick it out with 2000, which has been great.

XP slows your computer because of all the extra graphics, but if you transfer from something with the same amount of graphics its good.

not sure if its pro or sp2, but one of em lets you turn off your anti virus software or firewall with a click of a button.

sp2, o and XP PRO IS BETTER BECUASE INSTEAD OF GETTING WINRAR OR WINZIP IT GET THE FILE FROM THE WEB DOES SAVE TIME NEW STUFF ON PRO I HAVE WINDOWS XP PRO AND 2000 I LIKE XP BETTER THO.

Back
Top Bottom