History Censored?

Status
Not open for further replies.
excatly. Ive only been here 6 months and already regret posting some of the stuff i did wen i first came.
Gratz on becoming a mod apokalipse :p

Oook this was kinda pointless. I read it to find out the origin of why it was bad only to read a stupid discussion of why my ****ing words are bleeped out.

I never encouraged blatant use of profanity and it is in my belief that you do infact sound ignorant if you are just using it all the time. Just by knowing why a couple words are considered bad doesn't mean I'm saying you should go out and lay them down anywhere you can because obviously the general public won't know what happened in 1066.
I was interested in this thread for this. I myself have always asked the same question, "why is it bad?" only to come to find this. Idc about the bleeps everywhere cause its not gonna stop me from being 17 and stop cussing but i wanted to learn something. Not read babble about a discussion about a discussion.

I kinda' like this thread because it gives me another place to say, read the thread in my sig about profanity. :)

No, the thread doesn't tell the origins of words. Nor does it say what words are considered as profanity. It does tell the rules and how we're going to a zero profanity policy. Everyone may want to take a look at that thread.

The forum software is not set up to allow but one character to substitute for profanity. It could be changed from the ***** to $$$$ or to another character, but that wouldn't help since we'd soon get tired of seeing those characters. The asterisks have been generally used for all profanity filters and is recognized as profanity. So, we'll have those asterisks.

Dave :D

No, the thread doesn't tell the origins of words.
no this one doesn't nor was it meant to be ;)

The thread in which I DID tell such things was thoroughly pruned and I was scolded for saying such things.

I think if you cuss, you should get a warning. I personally don't cuss, and hate when people do. I understand, DMO, that we can only star it out with one character, but when I'm reading, my head goes straight to decoding it. It's not like I'm trying to, just the brain wants to see what the word is to complete the sentence. And, being a Christian, I hate thinking that stuff. I think that there should be like a warning system, and if you use more than 1 profanity in a post, it should be deleted, or something like that. I mean, seriously, you have to take the time to type it out, you knowp it's wrong and against the rules, so why put it there? Dave, in your post about profanity it says there is a "NO PROFANITY" rule, so instead of *star*ing it out, we should just STOP it all together.

Just my 2 cents...

stopping it altogether would of course be the ideal worlds but that'd never happen. I coulda sworn that these forums would allow you to replace words being that I believe this is the vb bulletins you gotta pay for right? Sucks that you cant...that's how this little cheap free forums I used a while back was. I could type in the 'f' words and then typed in what I wanted it to be replaced with so if anyone used it, it'd put 'flirk' and then you got something to read without having to 'decode it' like you were talking about chevy.

Buuut if that option doesn't exist then theres really nothing we can do. Back when I was an actual good mod I used to go in and replace the 's' word with 'poopy' in blue letters :p

Using bad language has become an expresion more than a taboo, I wish posts could be made without it. Insults in general on forums tend to flourish and garner some hate, in turn they inevitably get some nasty replies, I wish it was otherwise.

I also see some very good natured people on this forum along with others I read, it is these people that encourage me to revisit these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom