Hide my network use from the Admin. of the Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcrasch

Baseband Member
For economic reasons my wife and I are unfortunately staying with family while I finish school. We are using my stepfathers network and he is very paranoid. I need a way to hide myself from him while on his network. He uses things like Spiceworks and other network monitoring software. I don't like someone being able to see all my browsing history or what I have downloaded. I've thought about using a proxy or running of a usb wireless network adapter but I feel those wouldn't solve my problem. Any ideas would be great?

Also, he is big on no one downloading bit.torrent "things" which is kind of a hobby of mine.

Even if you cloak where you're going, he's still (probably if he's that paranoid) going to figure out that you're up to something as he will be able to measure the traffic going in and out. Which is only going to lead to a confrontation anyway.

Sorry but we can't help you bypass measures put in place by any kind of network admin, even if it is just on a home network.

If you are that worryed about your step father possiable knowing what you do on the internet, then get your own service and get off his network.

People that think and talk like you do about what someone MAYBE able to see, tell me that they are doing strange things to start with.

Simple solution - get your own F'in network and pay your own bills.

Don't like someone snooping? Don't use their network - problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom