Help with Upgrading Computer

Pogge

Beta member
Hello,

I would like to upgrade my current system, and I'm stuck on which Motherboard I should purchase, here is my current system:

Asus P5QPL-VM
Q9550 Quad-Core proccessor
4GB DDR2 RAM
GTX 460
500B SATA-II
750W PSU

I was planning to go for the ASUS-P8Z68-V LX, i5-2500k and atleast 16GB RAM DDR3 (32GB in the future so the motherboard needs a max memory of 32GB)

The main reason why I would like to upgrade my system is because of the RAM. I noticed that 4GB for Windows 7 64bit is not enough as I need it for video editing, gaming, etc. and since DDR3 is much cheaper than DDR2, it is time for me to switch to DDR3.

So I would like to ask whether you could recommend a different motherboard than the ASUS-P8Z68-V LX. Not only the motherboard but if you think I should go for a different processor, please let me know all detail.
I am not planning to overclock anything, even if it is easy and safe so please don't tell me to use "this" and overclock it to "this".

Thank you in advance

Well, if I could find a decent motherboard (also good for future upgrades e.g. 32GB RAM), an i5-2500k and atleast 16GB for around £300, it would be excellent, but I think I would not go over £320, so there's the limit.

Back
Top Bottom