Help with BF2 map startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

juno_reactor

Baseband Member
I have this one little-intsy bitsy problem where when I click on that little button to start a new round or map load the game shuts down completly and takes me back to my desktop. ALSO, system idle process in taskmanager says its using 99% of my CPU but when I look at the graph...its not and so I was wondering if this had anything to do with it. I've tried everything...almost anything aside from the help I will most like recieve from you guys. Well any help whatsoever would greatly be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

The problem you are having is the result of "Patch 1.3" There are some very crippling issues that have come along with 1.3 and the BF2 community of players and server admins are all up in arms.

From Total PC freezing & CTD's "Crash to Desktop" to Frequent Lost Connection to Server... Along with about 10 other stupid things they did to this game....

Take a look around the internet at other forums... Check out EA's BF2 Forum and read through some threads... you'll get a better idea of what i'm talking about...

ahh yes, i did speak with a friend about this topic and he said the very same thing you did. however, he did suggest re-installaling 1.3 as a "temporary" solution. any ideas on when and how the problem will be solved? a 1.4 patch?

juno_reactor said:
ahh yes, i did speak with a friend about this topic and he said the very same thing you did. however, he did suggest re-installaling 1.3 as a "temporary" solution. any ideas on when and how the problem will be solved? a 1.4 patch?

Rumor has it that they are working on the issues and will have a "Beta Patch" tested in early July. No word yet as to it's release.

"re-installation of 1.3, doesn't help, i've already tried it."

Re-installation of BF2 to 1.22 is all you can really do, there are a few servers that have reverted and are 1.22. There's about 50 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom