help setting up wireless speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-minus9

Beta member
Hi everyone,
I just picked up a pair of RCA wireless speakers, and want to be able to listen to music from my computer over these elsewhere in the house while still using the computer speakers plugged in back at the computer. The problem is there is only one output jack on the either of the soundcards I have. Can I just get a Y cable to split the single 3.5 mm output to 2 ( 3.5 mm male to 2X 3.5 mm female) or is there more to it than that? Right now, having to manually switch between the 2 speaker sets sort of defeats the purpose of the wireless speakers. I'd love to be able to run all 4 at once.
Thanks for your help.

Yes, they make these adapters up to 4 (I think) outputs.....check Radio Shack, it should be less than $5.......also, they make similar adapters with a switch on them in case you have no need to run both sets at once.

Thanks, I just wanted to be sure there was no issue with somehow changing impedance or some such thing by adding a second load, and damaging the soundcard.

No, don't worry, you could put the whole of Knebworth on it and it wouldn't damage it, lol

You can buy a "Y" for nothing, or you could get the good old kitchen knife out like i do and do some DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom