HDD Price have become INSANE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Has anyone seen the HDD prices lately? They have been on the rise since October. I see that the same HDD's I bought back in July for $89 are now $199-$250. (WD 2 Terabyte Caviar BLK). Read a few reports that said most HDD's are up 150% in price. Also PC prices from major companies are up 20% because of cost of HDD's. Many sources saying that Thai plants are dry as well as Japan Flooding after the tsunami.

I wonder if this will cause a push towards SSD's and more product usually means lower pricing. Which is obviously the case with Less Product and higher pricing.

Find a place that still has a good healthy stock left, or if you REALLY need a hard drive for storage purposes, look at 2.5 inch drives, I have noticed laptop drives are a lot cheaper usually compared to 3.5's. One thing is for certain, datacenters can't really use 2.5's in hot swaps because even with a tray, the drive doesn't line up with back planes. Which is very good for us, though now I am seeing companies make full on adapters for there backplanes so they can use 2.5's in their own hotswap bays...

Has anyone seen the HDD prices lately? They have been on the rise since October. I see that the same HDD's I bought back in July for $89 are now $199-$250. (WD 2 Terabyte Caviar BLK). Read a few reports that said most HDD's are up 150% in price. Also PC prices from major companies are up 20% because of cost of HDD's. Many sources saying that Thai plants are dry as well as Japan Flooding after the tsunami.

I wonder if this will cause a push towards SSD's and more product usually means lower pricing. Which is obviously the case with Less Product and higher pricing.

Dude, you've been ninja'd by 75% of the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom