Grand Theft Auto 4 PC Uses SecuROM DRM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Grand Theft Auto 4 PC Uses SecuROM DRM

There is good news, bad news and odd news out today concerning the PC version of GTA IV. The bad news is that GTA IV will use SecureROM copy protection. The good news is that there is no limit to how many times it can be installed or how many PCs. The odd news is this quote:

The studio also noted, in an ominous tone, that "using a cracked copy of GTA IV PC will result in varying changes to the game experience," explaining that "these can range from comical to game-progress-halting changes."

From what i understand they have a database, and it sends info back and checks the serial in real time.

The same way wga for windows checks to make sure your windows install is legit.

WGA got cracked.. its only a matter of time before some smart programmer cracks this too

SecuROM is nothing but a hurdle. I give it less than a week before the game is cracked.

It's just going to delay it from being cracked, if at all. I guess every hour of every day there isn't a cracked version gets them money though.

From what i understand they have a database, and it sends info back and checks the serial in real time.

The same way wga for windows checks to make sure your windows install is legit.

What if you try in play without being physically connected to the internet? Then what's it going to do? It would be dumb if it made you be connected to the internet to play it offline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom