Gorilla glass for phone screens

chara33

Daemon Poster
Just curious if anyone uses gorilla glass on their phones to prevent breaks, fingure prints...etc? If yes, does it work good, how does it stick on, leave and marks on screen when u remove it and is it worth getting?

thx

Pretty much every new phone in the past several years has Gorilla Glass as the actual digitizer glass itself.

Do you mean an extra, tempered glass layer?

I swear by tempered glass screen protectors. If nothing else the edges don't slowly crumple up and come loose like film protectors. I have used one on my Zenfone 2 since I bought it and the screen is still perfect.

Read the reviews before you decide on one. I try to go with ones that come with the stuff to clean your phone screen before you install (alcohol wipes, lint free wipes, sticky tab dust picker-uppers, etc) as having a perfectly clean screen before you install is a must. Once the screen is cleaned installation is super simple so long as you take your time and make sure to line it up. If you mess up a decent tempered glass protector will come off fairly easily so long as you are careful. I have yet to have one damage my phone's screen.

I swear by tempered glass screen protectors. If nothing else the edges don't slowly crumple up and come loose like film protectors. I have used one on my Zenfone 2 since I bought it and the screen is still perfect.

Read the reviews before you decide on one. I try to go with ones that come with the stuff to clean your phone screen before you install (alcohol wipes, lint free wipes, sticky tab dust picker-uppers, etc) as having a perfectly clean screen before you install is a must. Once the screen is cleaned installation is super simple so long as you take your time and make sure to line it up. If you mess up a decent tempered glass protector will come off fairly easily so long as you are careful. I have yet to have one damage my phone's screen.

Thx Trotter.

I've had my Samsung Galaxy S5 for a year and a half with no screen protector (just a minimal case for the sides), I have a fair amount of light scuff marks that aren't noticeable, and 4 small scratches. half are from me putting my keys in the same pocket. Overall I am pretty satisfied with the gorilla glass. I don't think you will need a screen protector seeing as the glass is getting stronger with each new iteration.

I always use a tempered glass screen protector.
It has saved my phone and a few peoples phones.
It' so cheap nowadays on amazon, it's like $10.
Check the reviews
They do chip away easy and get cracked sometimes however some companies offer lifetime free replacements

Back
Top Bottom