google sells out to china!!!

blondegeek

Baseband Member
Messages
23
it's sad how true that statement is. there isn't a food shortage in the world though, it's a distribution problem.
 
Messages
2,519
blondegeek said:
it's sad how true that statement is. there isn't a food shortage in the world though, it's a distribution problem.
True! America has enough food to feed Western Kenya for quite a long time, infact, our government is infact paying our farmers to stop growing food. I hate polotics when it messes with human rights. Because one person thinks this way I can't help his people out...Just, stupid...
 

alvino

Golden Master
Messages
19,967
It's the demand that's in China. It's litterally billions of searches out in one country...heck, maybe trillions. However, since China is communist, everything is censored and monitored. So if you type in words such as; Taiwan, Freedom, Democracy, Falun Gong, Tianamen Square Massacre, all you get is nothing. The Chinese government is like that...
 

wozelbeak

Daemon Poster
Messages
1,324
Corporate greed versus making a moral stand against a wretched opressive government.
take the Dollars.
woz
 

HRHunteRHR

BSOD
Messages
1,730
Wow, who'd of thunk that Google was going to ally with the world's biggest power....

I guess Google needs to secure themselves somehow with the biggest power now before they induce global domination.
 

connchri

Daemon Poster
Messages
1,025
Location
Scotland, UK
HRHunteRHR said:
Wow, who'd of thunk that Google was going to ally with the world's biggest power....

I guess Google needs to secure themselves somehow with the biggest power now before they induce global domination.
I wouldn't say they're alling with them. Just making money out of them.

I don't think I've ever heard an American actually admit that there are other powers (China, on the verge of super power, and definatly economic and military). Kudos to you!
 

David Lindon

Golden Master
Messages
15,233
Can people in china type the web address into their browsers to view pages on china or is it filtered by their isps?
 

setishock

Wizard of Wires
Messages
10,726
Location
4321
connchri said:
I wouldn't say they're alling with them. Just making money out of them.

I don't think I've ever heard an American actually admit that there are other powers (China, on the verge of super power, and definatly economic and military). Kudos to you!
What forest you been in? China has long been a super power. They are a member of the UN and sit on the UN security council.
http://www.un.org/Docs/sc/unsc_members.html
 

connchri

Daemon Poster
Messages
1,025
Location
Scotland, UK
setishock said:
What forest you been in? China has long been a super power. They are a member of the UN and sit on the UN security council.
http://www.un.org/Docs/sc/unsc_members.html
The same one that tells me that just because there in the UN, doesn't make them a Super Power. Today, the only Super Power in the world is the USA.

China has no external buying power anywhere near that of the US, nevermind the EU. It doesn't have anywhere near as much military influence or capability as the US. 6th largest economy as well. Britain is hardly a Super Power, yet it also sits alongside China and the US on the UN security council, being the 4th largest economy. I see France there too - Blah, France a Super Power, not today mate.
 
Top