GMAIL IS DOWN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just makes me think...Hmmm Google wants to do a Cloud OS and base it all off their online services. Which experience downtime. Yeah great for a netbook user who has the Google Chrome OS! Just what i need. I have to get something done and the service is OUT.

Sign me up for one of those units NOW....not...

This just makes me think...Hmmm Google wants to do a Cloud OS and base it all off their online services. Which experience downtime. Yeah great for a netbook user who has the Google Chrome OS! Just what i need. I have to get something done and the service is OUT.

Sign me up for one of those units NOW....not...

me sentiments exactly. I think we outlined those fears in the cloud os thread, and they are being imagined.

Yes it wasnt down for long. But the whole point is, it was down. As the OP noted they NEEDED it and it wasnt available. Who is to say that when the netbook come out with the Chrome OS that the service might not experience this same thing when someone NEEDS it.

Be it if it is down for 5 minutes or 5 days. The service is down when it is needed it is not a good thing. People need it for when they need it. It doesnt matter if or when or for how long. If i had a netbook and tried to connect at that time and couldnt then what?

That is the point i am trying to make. Yeah it wasnt down long. But that doesnt mean that people didnt need it at that time and it was crucial. So to be fair, the service with any downtime would be un-acceptable when it is the ONLY service you can use on your new Netbook.

It is not like your using Windows or Linux to connect to the service via a browser. Your whole OS IS the service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom