Ghosting -- Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclones

In Runtime
Hello. We work at a large corporation business and Im in the I.T. Department. Im looking for some software that will let me Ghost a newly and fresh install of XP Pro on a machine, and then when the other computer's crash or majorly slow down.. I can stick that image in and have it reinstalled. The problem is, we have several different types of machines with different hard drive sizes if that matters. I just basically want to stick a Ghost Image onto a DVD, and then use that as a master DVD for reinstalling computers. What's some good software.. possibly free?

Sorry but what you want to do cant be done. Being different machines they have different hardware. Which would mean different drivers installed and when you put that image on a machine that didnt match the hardware, you would end up getting BSoD's and having to repair the install anyways.

So you will have to make an image for every single different type of PC that you have and have that be the "Master Image" for that make and model. That is the only possible way.

I know if you search you will see tons of stuff about CloneZilla and FOG on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom