Fun with the Source engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
All right guys, calm down or I'll have this locked. Each game is different for other people. Just because one person likes Game A or Company A doesn't mean another person has to like it as well. Keep the discussion civilized.

And stb1swat, please edit your posts instead of double posting.

So you don't like just popular games? Are you saying you are a Valve fanboy? If it looks like, and acts like........

I was one of the very few to complain about portal. I beat the game in 2.5 hours and the lack of community puzzles was a turn off, I bet i has changed now, but at the time there wasn't much. I wanted the puzzles to be alot harder and obviously I wanted the game to be longer. I didn't even need to buy it since I beat it in 1 night one a friend's compy, however i later bought the orange box.

My point valve makes mistakes, and does stuff I personally dislike. They basically screwed up CSS and HL2 Deathmatch was a joke. L4d NEEDs an SDK and it really is quite low of them to keep us wating this long, not to mention the game could use a harder campaign difficulty. I'm probably a bigger fan of some of the community mods than of the majority of Valve games.

Some of my most memorable LAN parties were of HL2 mods.

hey carnage, if I keep double posting will you close the thread? lol No, I'm sorry about the double post back there.

Only if you love Halo 3 and GTA IV, Left 4 dead looks like a flop when compared to their sales. Halo 3 sold 3.3 million copies in its first 12 days and had sold 8.1 million copies ~3months after launch. GTA IV is even more impressive selling 3.6 million copies on launch day.

Puddle this is not a fair statement since both games that you mentioned are primarily console games and PC sales can never compare to console sales since console gaming is more popular. GTA IV was multiplatform on 2 consoles and even PC which also increases its sales. PC Sales will never have the same numbers as console games, except for blizzard because they have a whole country standing by them :p

Puddle this is not a fair statement since both games that you mentioned are primarily console games and PC sales can never compare to console sales since console gaming is more popular. GTA IV was multiplatform on 2 consoles and even PC which also increases its sales. PC Sales will never have the same numbers as console games, except for blizzard because they have a whole country standing by them :p

The PC gaming industry made more money last year than the gaming industry. So your statement isn't really true.

Left 4 dead is available for 360.

You're right abut consoles being more popular though.

so as you see, zmatt, valve has released games that I am not to crazy about, but it really boils down to CS1.6, TF2, and L4d that I really like. L4d because its immensely fun to play with friends and compete against other teams. TF2 is pretty self explanatory, but I'll explain if I HAVE to. CS is a granddaddy of competitive FPS gaming. Everything about is amazing, now 1.5 is my favorite, but let's not get into that.
So just the way Q3 is still the best FPS and SC is still the best RTS, I like the majority of valve games because I see qualities that keep bringing me back to them.

Yeah l4d 360 version was the 7th highest selling title of 08 I believe, too bad the graphics too a big hit and they had to deal with little sticks.

Don't remember the thread name, but in the news forum a few weeks back there was a thread posted that linked to an article about how the pc gaming industry posted high revenues then the console gaming industry last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom