free web host??

Gogandantes

Baseband Member
i need a free web host. i plan to do my site myself but i cant afford anything at all for it. thanks ok though i can do what i can with a free web host but theres a problem i cant find a free web host that is completely free & allows me to use my own html/css/etc at least not from what i can find anyhow. i need suggestions for web hosts that are 100% free & allows my own code instead of their built in premade templates.

i used to use 50megs.com but now when i try to get an account they try to force you to pay for things instead of just giving you free web space. i only just need free web space.

Can look into 000webhost: https://www.000webhost.com/

Or..you could setup up IIS or WAMP (or just Apache) on your own machine, and develop a site that way.

If you already own a domain, you can point it to your public IP and it'll redirect there, after you forward port 80 to your machine.

no domain so far making a totally new site. im not college educated on web desgin i learn in free time im self taught. i need a site that will allow me to host years & years from now. ive been having problem finding free hosting longer than 1 year. no ads prefered but if its got ads i dont care just as long as i can always keep the place.

ive tried to give your link a shot, during sign up it keeps thinking im not human in the capatcha. ive clicked on all boxes & im not sure if im supposed to type someting in the box or not but its not letting me get past that part?

Nothing is truly free. There's always some sort of catch, whether they're putting ads or limiting how much storage or bandwidth you can use, nothing is free. And if you're looking for one host to let you have free hosting for years and years and years on end, good luck with that.
Most free hosting is short term and an enticement to get you to pay for one of their packages.
My hosting only costs me 170usd a year for 20gig and 500gig bandwidth. Not too shabby for 99% uptime. DownTownHost.Com - Web Hosting Services

no domain so far making a totally new site. im not college educated on web desgin i learn in free time im self taught. i need a site that will allow me to host years & years from now. ive been having problem finding free hosting longer than 1 year. no ads prefered but if its got ads i dont care just as long as i can always keep the place.
Well if 000webhost doesn't work for you, then you can spin up your own web server from home.

ive tried to give your link a shot, during sign up it keeps thinking im not human in the capatcha. ive clicked on all boxes & im not sure if im supposed to type someting in the box or not but its not letting me get past that part?

You must be doing the captcha wrong somehow then. I'm guessing it's one of the "choose all pictures of X" ones?

I dont know but Ive clicked all the boxes it says to click when signing up & is still showing error. Ive done it many times it still thinks Im not human.

And for the record yes it is possible to get years & years of free hosting. 50megs.com had it for many years & even though its limited on useage its still plenty of space for me. I never run anything too big. If its too big I cant keep up on it. But yeah they were free & support 24/7. I still own the one site Ive had many years free. Only thing thats lame is since my original joining, they now force you to pay $3 a month for basiclly the same free package. Im looking for something the same as this. I only need a file manager, it doesnt have to have fancy options, I can do enough basic html/css to get by on. Just need a host to fit those needs.

Today web hosting is pretty cheap, its much better to use some premium then free web hosting provider. Believe me, one day you will understand this post. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing is truly free. There's always some sort of catch, whether they're putting ads or limiting how much storage or bandwidth you can use, nothing is free. And if you're looking for one host to let you have free hosting for years and years and years on end, good luck with that.
Most free hosting is short term and an enticement to get you to pay for one of their packages.
My hosting only costs me 170usd a year for 20gig and 500gig bandwidth. Not too shabby for 99% uptime. DownTownHost.Com - Web Hosting Services

I know a lot of folks are against it, but you can get Godaddy.com way cheaper than that for unlimited space and unlimited bandwidth which also includes an SSL certificate and a ton of tools that are included with Godaddy's stuff with the same uptime.

000webhost apparently wants me to pay more attention to the site than what i have time for. they require 10 hits in 1 month or they try to remove/delete the site. i really dont work that fast.

I know a few - 000webhost, grendelhosting, 2freehosting, hostinger. All these are fair enough webhosts (I use grendel hosting).

They have unlimited disk space (not all), MySQL, CPanel, Auto-Installers, FTP access and some more cool stuff. They're a good option if you want to host a minimal site.

But remember it's "free" so don't expect much support from the staff.

Back
Top Bottom