Free software from school FTW

Status
Not open for further replies.
My School is on the list and I even got as far as my school's MSNDAA page, but I don't have a username or password for it (that I know of); so I contacted the Program Administrator to see if I will be able to get one.

uhmmm after even looking closer my college is on that list...yay for being a comp sci major :D says i can get windows 7 for free....BUT i don't have the username password thing either?

EDIT: e-mailed the guy that's over it for our school..and it appears to be 32 bit copy only :\ so if it is I have no use for it :(

uhmmm after even looking closer my college is on that list...yay for being a comp sci major :D says i can get windows 7 for free....BUT i don't have the username password thing either?

Do what it says and contact your PA ;). It's listed on your school's MSDNAA page, under the Support link. Just make sure you do it from your school e-mail, I assume lol.

WIll give you updates on how it goes for me.

My PA told me something about that we wont have access till next semester, because there was no need for MS programs this semester. Idk what he was talking about :/, all I got out of it that was I can't get access :(

My PA told me something about that we wont have access till next semester, because there was no need for MS programs this semester. Idk what he was talking about :/, all I got out of it that was I can't get access :(

that's dumb :\ if it's free what does it matter? I'm sure if the university has to pay anything it's probably given to them in grant money anyway ..so it's not like they are losing out

Ok, here's what he said.
We enable MSDN accounts for students based on faculty requirements
for students to have access to specific microsoft products for the
completion of coursework. For this semester, the faculty have
indicated that the use of microsoft products is not required.

In addition, microsoft very recently revised the format of the
download files which will require that we update our ELMS server.
This was not given a high priority this semester.

Checkout the Dreamspark web site for some Microsoft development tools.
We hope to be up and running next semester.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom