Free Metro 2033 for everyone.

Not necessarily more "optimized". The new consoles will have DX11 or DX11.1 hardware so we will get native DX11 games and not DX9 with a DX11 after thought. Certain games on the Dunia 2, Cryengine 3, and Frostbyte 2 engine can all be ported in real time so optimization isn't really key but just native software support. Optimization also comes in how far they go to really make the game seem like a PC game controls wise ect.

Metro 2033 runs fine for 2 reasons on your rig. 1) Your res is too low, and 2) you aren't using AA. Go grab a 1080p monitor then set the AA to 4xMSAA and you wont be saying that anymore lol. All maxed at 1920x1200 with the 3960x and 580 at 4xMSAA I got an average of 28fps.

Google what AF does, that is anisotropic filtering. Once you realize exactly what it does you'll leave 16x on for everything.

O sorry I ment texture filtering, I am not 100% sure what it does, but it seems to make the game look soft, if you get what I am trying to say. And I love AF, its one of the bigger reasons why I like PC gaming more than console gaming. AF on console is horrible, its like after 5 feet infront of you everything is blurry, then 10ft is super blurry, hate it!

I turned 4XMXA on and I was around 30fps lowest, I dint really like it as much because it makes this game look to soft and makes it seem like motion blur, which I dislike. I get 30-50fps average, which I am perfectly fine with, I still play BF3 on my ps3 allot and that, and most other console games, is locked at 30 fps. I am pretty much saying I have been gaming for 3 years mostly at 30fps and it hasnt bothered me.

Being locked at 30 on console and averaging 30 on a PC is much different actually. Do take note, that on high and very high motion blur is on by default. With AF and AA you should not be getting any blurring effect while enabled. I can tell you now that I don't, but this game does include a ton of motion blur during certain events.

Being locked at 30 on console and averaging 30 on a PC is much different actually. Do take note, that on high and very high motion blur is on by default. With AF and AA you should not be getting any blurring effect while enabled. I can tell you now that I don't, but this game does include a ton of motion blur during certain events.

did you just get the game like me during the promotion? I love the story, it was slightly repetitive but still was awesome

I went ahead and nabbed this as today was supposed to be the last day of the giveaway. Free is still free.

I would just like to add that if you like the NVIDIA page you get this game free also, it last till the end of this month

Back
Top Bottom