Folding on the 940 and 4850

Status
Not open for further replies.
His 940 should be getting more PPD than that...depending on what WU, on my 720 @ 3.5ghz, I get either 1500ppd (for 2665's) and anywhere from 2k to 2.5k ppd for anything else.

Have you overclocked it at all yet?

No I haven't overclocked it at all. My temps don't hit any higher on both graphics card and CPU than 55C. I don't really think it would be safe for it to get much hotter on stock cooler.

I'm going to get the core contact next week and hopefully bring my CPU up to at least 3.5ish. And I don't know squat about OCing video cards.

Also, I found the work folder and put it on Fahmon, but still nothing is happening. It says N/A for progress and nothing is going on with it.

Weird that you're getting such high temps. After some mucking around last night with my OC, i get 51c max during folding at 3.5ghz...There's something up with your case or the heatsink application, no way it should be that hot.

Unless you live in Arizona or something. But even then...

55C not bad.

Fahmon.. did you let it run abit?

IF YOU DOUBLE CLICK oops, the client it'll open the folder up... Oh, did you use the work folder or the folder, the work folders in?

My c2d @2.0ghz gets only 350ppd on unicore.. I can't see a 1000+ppd at 3.0Ghz...

My laptop Core Duo 2.0ghz gets 200-300ppd on a unicore, but on SMP it gets more like 860 ish ppd on an SMP. Not to mention Intel Speedstep has permanently disabled it, so it's only running at 1ghz. Trust me, he can get over 1k ppd on 3.0ghz. Even with the 2665's, he should get at least 1k.

And 55c is bad for a CPU that isn't overclocked if you ask me. It's not going to hurt anything, but I still don't like what it tells you.

Just hold off on the overclocking till you get the Core Contact, like you were saying. When OC'ing that, you may want to check what temps you get right away at stock with the installation, to make sure nothing went wrong.

Maybe this will help out?

The temps are very high for the core, I think. I guess my case just sucks for airflow. I have intake and exhaust fan. Maybe I should try mounting more? Also vents on the side, not that it matters much.

Most people seem to OC to 3.4-3.5ish on stock cooler and I'm in a bind on just stock.

Attachments

• Temps.jpg
    Temps.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Tempspc.jpg
    Tempspc.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 29
What kind of case do you have? You could probably clean up some wires, maybe install another fan or so...

Hiki...... Ah, now i understand your 1000+ppd... Smp, i believe hes unicore.

Temps.... Brains messed from work.. hes not overclocked is he........

Pyro.... Right work folder, but wrong fahmon point... back it off 1 level, ie.. point it to /users/Bill

Still nothing.

May just uninstall both F@H clients and reinstall. I downloaded SMP a few days ago and deleted it. Maybe it messed something up?

Attachments

• F@H.jpg
    F@H.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom