Folding@home GPU2 6.12 beta 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The viewer is a known bug, it will be fixed with the next release. Just keep it closed for now, it hurts performance a lot anyways.

Other than that it seems to be working VERY WELL! It's already at 30% while the CPU client has barely done anything. However, my laptop is very inefficient at cooling the GPU, even on the cooling stand, so I took an old case fan and hooked it up to a battery pack and set it beside the PC, seems to lower the temps pretty well.

Tried installing the drivers...but a few seconds after I log into windows, my screen goes blank and I can't do anything. The HDD activity light is still going, but my display is whacked. I booted into safe mode and was able to remove the drivers (including with DriverCleanerPro) and tried again. Same thing happened there; so I'm on 175.16 drivers now.

It takes a while to show the eta.

Well, that application i wrote you about works just fine for me, as you can see my command prompt is minimized down by the system clock:

sp3220080618230616lx6.png

I see that. But i have tried to use it like it says. Hold down Ctrl as i minimize the app. But F@H only has the Close button which it doesnt work for me. Is there something i am missing?

I see that. But i have tried to use it like it says. Hold down Ctrl as i minimize the app. But F@H only has the Close button which it doesnt work for me. Is there something i am missing?

You can right click on the X without holding down ctrl and itll minimize also, as long as the trayit application is running.

I think it doesnt work for me cause i have RK Launcher installed. It conflicts with the right click on close button method you mentioned.

Lmao, im getting 4,980ppd on my 8800gt 256mb clocked to 650/850/1625
running project 5001 and using the 177.35 modded drivers.

I could take it to 675 core if i want, that should push me to 5000ppd.

Err...wtf? Last night it did a bunch of WU's and I wake up and now it says "Sleeping" and the log indicates something like "Core outdated" but it can't seem to download a new one...?

:eek:
Lmao, im getting 4,980ppd on my 8800gt 256mb clocked to 650/850/1625
running project 5001 and using the 177.35 modded drivers.

I could take it to 675 core if i want, that should push me to 5000ppd.
I have tried to push mine to 675 but then it wont fold. But then again the 8600GT is a far cry from the 8800 you are running. :p
Err...wtf? Last night it did a bunch of WU's and I wake up and now it says "Sleeping" and the log indicates something like "Core outdated" but it can't seem to download a new one...?

I had that issue as well. I had to restart my PC to get it fixed. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom