Folding@home GPU2 6.12 beta 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proof!!
sp3220080619133332xt3.png

Man the viewer looks nice, too bad its really buggy.

This client just came out however, im sure till get much smoother like the
ps3 and gui clients.

You cant run smp and gpu at the same time with a dual core, you wont meet the deadlines. The gpu client itself needs a core dedicated to it, and smp needs two cores as well, so you need a tri-core or higher.

If so id be running it myself :p.

And trying to run smp + cpu + gpu...yeah thats a big no no anyways, smp is designed to take advantage of up to four cores.

Seems like the SMP would be a better choice then, if the 8600M GS can't do very much on the GPU client. How come both clients seem to be working fine though? I've had both of them running for a few hours, both are progressing fine. The GPU client (FahCore_11.exe) barely uses any CPU in Windows Task Manager, but the little bit it needs (2-5% every once in a while) it still gets. The SMP client divides up into a few different cores, which all seem to be using a good bit of CPU. My CPU is 100% on both cores and my GPU is still running hot so that means it's processing (and the GPU client still shows progress)...

And yes, running SMP and standard CPU at the same time would be pointless, that's why CPU is turned off :)

fah2dy8.jpg

If the GPU client is supposed to be killed off by the SMP client...then something's messed up on my PC...I've been running both of them all day (dual core T9300 - 2.5GHz/6MB L2) and the GPU client has already processed quite a few WU's just fine, the SMP is at 37% and at this rate will have finished way before the June 25 deadline. I don't see the problem here. If SuperPi is of any help, the Core 2 Duo line completely own the Athlon64 X2 line, maybe that has something to do with it (probably not) or maybe faster GPU's need more CPU time.

I think its most likely that faster gpu's need more cpu usage, yes.

Im getting full usage on both cores, but look how much ppd and how much faster im folding.

I guess if it works for you, then continue to fold with both smp and gpu.

My other box will be up not too long from now, i estimate within a week or so and ill post ppd results from that one, also folding with an 8800gt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom