Flowchart L33t experts needed for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
a problem like this made into a flowchart

A coin collector collects coins everyday for 7 days. Make a program that keeps a running total of the number of bugs collected during the seven days. The LOOP should ask for the number of coins collected for each day and when the LOOP is finished, the program should display the total number of coins collected.

i guess i need this into For-loop flowchart

I only know maple... not a programming language in any respect, but here's my input :tongue:

Collected:=proc(c)
local i,total;
total[0]:=0;
for i from 1 to 7 do
total:=c+total[i-1];
od;
RETURN(total[7]);
end;

then do whatever.. :tongue:

I suppose the number of bugs collected would stay at a constant 0, since the subject is a coin collector collecting coins.

int runningTotal = 0;
for (int i = 1; i <= 7; i++) {
output("How many did you collect on day %d?", i);
runningTotal += input();
}
output("The total for this week is %d", runningTotal);

There is no such thing as a "For-loop flowchart" although you could use a flowchart to describe a for loop.

As illustrated above, a flowchart is simply not required for a program this simple.

Well go ahead, nobody is going to do it for you (especially since it has become pretty clear that this is homework).
You'll need a diagramming application like Visio or Dia, both of which I'm sure have hover-over labels for the components and other help included to get you started.
If you have any more specific questions then you should feel free to post those up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom