Extended Desktop on a Projector

Gulshan Singh

Solid State Member
I have my laptop hooked up to a projector where my laptop is the primary screen. However, when I click identify monitors, my laptop comes up as monitor two, which is ok because I can just set monitor 2 as primary. The problem is, every time I turn it on, or if I disconnect the projector, monitor 1 becomes the primary screen by default. So the only two solutions are either make the default primary monitor 2, or make my laptop monitor 1, so it will be the primary by default. Does anyone know how to do either of these?

It depends on the laptop, video card, and software you are using.

You should be able to right-click in a black space on the desktop, go to properties, go to the settings tab and play around in there to see if you can get what you want.

Also, how are you putting the image on the projector. you should be able just to press FN (the function key) and one of the F* buttons (usually F5 or F7). That should send the display out the video out port of the laptop. If you press it once it should go to the projector only, twice should show on both and three times will get you back to laptop only.

Back
Top Bottom